Sunday, December 13, 2009

Like Rats

A few months back I downloaded a demo from a band called Like Rats. the band came to my knowledge from an entry on the excellent blog Invisible Oranges. I don't think I could describe the band much better than Mr. Lee does so here's an excerpt:

"Have you ever wondered what Celtic Frost would sound like as a hardcore punk band? Me neither. The idea of replacing Tom G. Warrior's beanie with a cadet cap is ludicrous. But Chicago's Like Rats have gone ahead and done it — and the results are tasty. ... The integration of Celtic Frost into a hardcore punk context is so seamless that the genre's clichés fall away. The raspy vocals are a perfect midpoint between hardcore and black metal. This isn't the hardcore punk of breakdowns and karate dances; it has more of an anything-goes '80s vibe."



This demo has seriously grown on me and I cannot stop listening to it. The best news is you can download the demo for free from the bands website.

On a side note, Invisible Oranges is on of the best music blogs I've come across. I check it daily and I really enjoy the writing, most of it's done by Cosmo Lee who writes for my favorite rag (Decible) as well as some other fine publications. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I take the occasion to wish you happy holidays, hope to talk to you soon! I'm downloading this demo after your suggestion, I'll let you know what I think about it!
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete